This holiday season join the Metropolitan Ministries team and help us to provide a holiday experience that is out of reach for so many struggling families in the Tampa Bay area. We are looking for dedicated volunteers to take part in a unique leadership opportunity that you don’t want to miss out on!
Red Apron Volunteers serve as leaders in our Holiday Tent by providing support for staff, direction for other volunteers, and most importantly quality service for families in need. We need Red Aprons for the following teams in the Holiday Tent: Client Care, Volunteer Services, Donor Services, Operations, and Childcare.
Red Apron Requirements:
- Attendance to one Red Apron Orientation. All details, sign-up information, and description of each area will be discussed at orientation.
- A commitment to at least three, four hour shifts during both Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday distribution
- Must be an adult (18 & up) - exceptions can be made for high school students with heavy experience at Metropolitan Ministries.
- No volunteer experience at Metropolitan Ministries is required. Training will be provided.
Red Apron Benefits:
- Chance to work behind the scenes at one of the top non-profs in Tampa Bay
- Be an instrument of change in your community
- Utilize your leadership skills to shape our volunteer corps
- A really cool red T-shirt that you can’t buy anywhere else (including eBay)
Register now to attend one of our Red Apron Orientations! Refreshments and fun will be provided!
Orientation Dates & Times:
Thursday, September 18th, from 7:00-8:30pm
Saturday, September 20th, from 9:00-10:30am
Check-in and Parking: Welcome Center, located at 165 E. Frances St., Tampa, FL 33602
To register for this life-changing and rewarding experience, RSVP to Victoria Garos, Volunteer Coordinator, at 813-209-1237 or Victoria.Garos@metromin.org, or Samantha Michaels, at 813-209-1239 or Samantha.Michaels@metromin.org.