STEWARDSHIP AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Metropolitan Ministries is committed to being excellent stewards of the resources entrusted to us so that we can serve as many people in need as possible and honor the intentions of those who support us. The care we provide for poor and homeless families happens only through the collaborative efforts of the local community.
WHAT IS TAKES TO MEET THE NEED:
- $12 million per year in overall operation and program costs
- Over $4.6 million per year in donated goods, materials, and professional labor and services
- 12,000+ volunteers with hundreds of hours of donated time resulted in saving $2.5 million in labor costs
85% of all donated funds go directly to support our programs and services. Nearly 94% of our annual operating funds come from individuals and businesses in the local community. Many professionals offer their services pro-bono each year offsetting hundreds of thousands of dollars in the budget. We are not a United Way agency and only 6% of our funding comes from government grants.
The following are among the many standards we have in place to ensure accountability, good stewardship, and sound fiscal management:
- Volunteer board of directors
- Adherence to generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP)
- Independent audit performed annually by Rivero, Gordimer CPA firm
FISCAL YEAR 2011 OUTCOMES
2011 was an incredible year at Metropolitan Ministries, thanks to you. Each one of these numbers is a person who needed help. One person who was scared, hungry, homeless, or hopeless… until YOU reached out and helped them.
• 2.14 million meals for hungry people
• 20,494 families helped through outreach services
• 3,642 children clothed
• 5,500 children received backpacks/school supplies
• 132 families benefited from our Uplift U® residential program
• 77 families were re-housed before becoming homeless
• 209 families with no place to go received 770 nights at motels
• 24,492 families received holiday assistance
• 25,370 children received toys
• 8,977 volunteers donated their time, and hearts