What is MyV?
MyV stands for Metro Youth Volunteers. It's an awards-based leadership program for high school student who have a desire to serve the homeless and at-risk populations. Earn your way through our different levels of service and you'll be surprised how many lives you change – starting with your own!
Why should I participate in MyV?
- MyV is a great way to make a difference in the world you live in.
- You can easily receive credit for hours served, e.g., for Bright Futures or other activities requiring community service hours!
- Scheduling is easy — sign up online, over the phone, or via email.
- You will receive invaluable training that can be referenced on college and job applications!
- And last, there is some really cool stuff you can earn and even hear your name on the news…if you get REALLY involved.
How do I join MyV?
MyV is not a club…it’s a movement. If you are a high school student volunteering at Metropolitan Ministries, then you are automatically a member of the MyV Corps. So the short answer is that you don’t have to join…YOU’RE ALREADY IN!
MyV is what you make of it. You can volunteer as little or as much as you want. Check out what's available, but be sure you attend an orientation first before you begin volunteering.
Want to track your hours? Print out your MyV Tracker and bring it with you when you come to volunteer! This is how you can stay on target as you move up levels and complete additional requirements. You must bring it with you each time you come to volunteer so a Volunteer Services Team Member can sign off on your work.
Check out our MyV FAQ page for more info! High School students and their families may also contact the MyV Coordinator Tiffany Fuller for more information @ 813.209.1237.