Metropolitan Ministries recognizes that benefits are an important part of a total compensation package for employees and their families. Metropolitan Ministries strives to offer a competitive benefits package.
The following benefits start on the first day of employment for all employees:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – All employees accrue PTO based on hours worked and are credited for paid holidays. With the approval of your manager, you are eligible to use your PTO as it is accrued, and your paid holiday credits from your first day of employment.
- Free meals during the hours that you are working, if a meal is served
- Online Learning Development System for Professional Development
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program Services, a confidential program that helps employees and their families balance the demands of work, life and personal issues through both a comprehensive website and 24 hour access to telephonic mental health counseling or life management coaching for anyone in the employee’s household.
- Child Care in Promise Land Child Care Center at an affordable employee rate (if space allows) for children 1 year old or older.
- 10% off Discounts at the Metropolitan Ministries’ Thrift Store and Inside the Box Café and Catering
Regular full-time employees who work at least 32 hours per week are eligible for coverage after 90 days for the following benefits package:
- Group health, dental and vision coverage for you at affordable rates, along with family coverage if you choose to purchase it. Reduced employee rates for those who choose to participate in our Wellness Program.
- Option to participate in the 401K plan with partial employer match that is immediately vested
- $10,000 in Life Insurance paid for by Metropolitan Ministries
- Option to participate in supplemental group insurance plans at affordable rates:
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (also includes spouse/dependent coverage)
- Subsidized and reduced YMCA Memberships
- Professional Development and Tuition Reimbursement for classes or licenses from accredited institutions related to the mission of the organization and position (limited amount per employee per year with approval required).
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) to use towards serving in another capacity from the employee’s regular position or at a Compassion + Action partner site.
After one year of employment, employees are eligible for Extended Illness Leave (EIL):
EIL allows an eligible employee to receive their regular rate of pay during an extended leave of absence due to a serious health condition as defined by the FMLA or for a mother directly after the birth of a biological child or placement of an infant under 6 weeks old for adoption.