Gas or groceries? What would you do if you had to choose? Seriously. It’s not an easy choice. 1 out of every 5 people living in Florida has to make a choice like this every day. The circumstances differ, but the end result is the same for families struggling to make it to their next paycheck or for seniors living on a fixed income. Nutritious food is hard to come by when your budget is limited.
Poor nutrition makes it difficult for children to concentrate in school. They get sick more often too. You just can’t ignore hunger. That’s why at Metropolitan Ministries, we receive more requests for food than any other service. Anyone who is hungry can be fed here.
How You Can Provide Food
We serve 75,000 meals each month in Tampa Bay and at partner sites around Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk and Pinellas counties. And, during Thanksgiving and Christmas, Metropolitan Ministries serves 18,000 families in need with holiday meals. There are so many ways you can help!
- Give a Box of Hope: Each food box is filled with nutritious essentials from our MetroMarket and will feed a family for three days.
- Provide hot meals: A good, hot meal is a step toward hope. Nutritious, hot meals for individuals and families are prepared at Metropolitan Ministries and distributed to partner sites.
- Volunteer: Serve a meal, host a food drive, stock shelves in our MetroMarket or serve in our Holiday Tent.
Where We Serve Food
We are growing to meet the most urgent needs of the Tampa area’s families in need. Our main Outreach Center is in downtown Tampa, but we have an additional Outreach Center in Pasco County.
- Food outreach in Pinellas County: We partner with Safe Harbor emergency homeless shelter in Clearwater, Florida, providing food boxes for families and low-income seniors.
- Food outreach in Hillsborough County: More than 100 families — including 300 children — eat in the MiraclePlace dining room every day. In addition, 2,500 meals are cooked here and sent out to partner meal sites around the county.
- Food outreach in Polk County: Community partners are helping to expand the availability of hot meals to hungry families.
- Food outreach in Pasco: Hungry people can eat twice a week at our Outreach Center or shop at our MetroMarket.
Need help? Need information? Come in or contact us:
2301 North Tampa St.
Tampa, FL 33602
Pasco County, Florida
3214 US Highway 19
Holiday, FL 34691