You missed a week at your job because your baby was sick, you’re hourly and you don’t get sick pay. Now, you’re looking at that stack of bills you barely keep up with day to day and it just about breaks you. You work so hard! How is it possible you have to make the choice between paying rent or being able to pay for everything else — electricity, food, diapers, childcare, gas? Where can you go for help?
Families who are on the brink of homelessness or have become homeless often don’t know there is help available for them. Sometimes, state services can provide just what they need to get through the crisis. But it isn’t easy to navigate the system. Other times, a family needs more than just a patch on their problem.
We offer families dignity, understanding, short-term counseling and help walking through what’s available to them.
Both our downtown Tampa campus and our Outreach Center in Holiday are partner sites for Access Florida. That means we’re able to provide immediate assistance with applications for state benefits and help families find what they need to get through crisis.
What You Can Do to Help
Our partnerships in the Tampa area make it possible for us to provide extensive services for families in need. And everything you do is a powerful contribution toward changing a life:
- Donate clothing: Your gently used work clothing may be just what one of our residents needs for a job interview. Or, play clothes for their growing child.
- Volunteer: While their parents are working or completing school, you can play and read to the children, rock babies or simply be a helping hand to our staff.
- Give: Your gifts help make it possible for men and women to get on a path to success that will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
Life Services We Offer
Metropolitan Ministries Life Services are available at our Pasco County and Hillsborough County Outreach Centers:
- Clothing: We’ve got a clothing store where families can find a professional look for an interview or some new shoes for their growing children.
- ID assistance: We help families with the paperwork they need in order to apply for programs and services.
- Financial counseling: We offer free income-tax services as well as financial counseling.
- Access Florida benefits: We help families determine their eligibility and understand what help is available to them.
- Legal consultations: We offer families advice through our partnership with Project H.E.L.P (Homeless Experience Legal Protection).
Need help? Need information? Come in or contact us:
2301 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Pasco County, Florida
3214 US Highway 19
Holiday, FL 34691