Volunteering as a Group
Over 1000 organizations partner with Metropolitan Ministries each year. Faith groups, civic groups, schools, & businesses come alongside us every day providing thousands of volunteers a year. Sign up below and the Volunteer Services Team will reach out to you shortly.
We’ll need a little bit of advanced notice with your group to make sure that we are able to place you in the right opportunity. Typically, we’ll need to book weekday volunteer opportunities one week in advance. You may have to book a Saturday a month ahead of time.
Please fill out the form below.
- Feel free to contact us by Email or call 813.209.1045
We have special requirements for different types of school groups.
- Minimum volunteer grade level is 5th grade
- Maximum of 16 students
- Food and clothing warehouses only
- One adult chaperone to every 4 children
- 2.5-hour shift maximum
- Maximum of 20 students
- One adult chaperone to every 6 children
- Must have enough adult chaperones to have a minimum of one adult in each volunteer section, i.e., breaking the group into 5 subgroups, regardless of size, requires 5 chaperones
- 3-hour shift maximum
- Assignments include kitchen, environmental, food and clothing warehouses and outreach
- Maximum of 30 students
- One chaperone per 8 students
- Students may be left without chaperones
- Assignments include kitchen, environmental, maintenance, food and clothing warehouses, childcare and outreach
What It Is
Metro Immersion is an impactful opportunity for organizations to engage with Metropolitan Ministries’ mission to serve those who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in an “up-close and personal” way.
Participants spend a day immersing themselves in the problems facing our community through educational activities and service assignments.
Fill out the form below. If you have additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813.209.1045