Voted Best Place to Volunteer
It's Official: We were voted Best Place to Volunteer by Creative Loafing Tampa readers!! Thank you to all who nominated and voted. You are HOPE!
Volunteering as a Group
This is truly a place where anyone can come be the hands and feet of God. I have helped with many different organizations with our youth group. But Metropolitan Ministries is so well organized and deeply impactful. Our youth are really seeing poverty, injustice and hope through God’s eyes! Thank you! Stephanie Chandler
Groups can always serve with us. Congregations, civic groups, schools and businesses provide thousands of volunteers each year.
We’ll need a little bit of advanced notice with your group to make sure that we are able to place you in the right opportunity. Typically, we’ll need to book weekday volunteer opportunities one week in advance. You may have to book a Saturday a month ahead of time.
Please fill out the form below.
- Feel free to contact us by Email or call 813.209.1045
We have special requirements for different types of school groups.
- Minimum volunteer grade level is 5th grade
- Maximum of 16 students
- Food and clothing warehouses only
- One adult chaperone to every 4 children
- 2.5-hour shift maximum
- Maximum of 20 students
- One adult chaperone to every 6 children
- Must have enough adult chaperones to have a minimum of one adult in each volunteer section, i.e., breaking the group into 5 subgroups, regardless of size, requires 5 chaperones
- 3-hour shift maximum
- Assignments include kitchen, environmental, food and clothing warehouses and outreach
- Maximum of 30 students
- One chaperone per 8 students
- Students may be left without chaperones
- Assignments include kitchen, environmental, maintenance, food and clothing warehouses, childcare and outreach
What It Is
Urban Immersion is a four-day live-in program for groups that brings them face-to-face with the reality and fear of homelessness. This experience will challenge your comfort levels and give you the chance to help people firsthand. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Serve homeless and at-risk families
- Work with partners throughout the Tampa Bay area
- Attend education sessions
- Pray with families
- Congregations, civic groups and businesses are welcome to participate in an Urban Immersion.
- Our standard four-day itinerary has been built so that your group can get the most out of the experience.
- Itineraries can be completely customized for your group.
Fill out the form below. If you have additional questions please email email@example.com or call 813.209.1045