Voted Best Place to Volunteer
It's Official: We were voted Best Place to Volunteer by Creative Loafing Tampa readers!! Thank you to all who nominated and voted. You are HOPE!
Volunteering as a Group
This is truly a place where anyone can come be the hands and feet of God. I have helped with many different organizations with our youth group. But Metropolitan Ministries is so well organized and deeply impactful. Our youth are really seeing poverty, injustice and hope through God’s eyes! Thank you! Stephanie Chandler
Groups can always serve with us. Congregations, civic groups, schools and businesses provide thousands of volunteers each year.
We’ll need a little bit of advanced notice with your group to make sure that we are able to place you in the right opportunity. Typically, we’ll need to book weekday volunteer opportunities one week in advance. You may have to book a Saturday a month ahead of time.
Please fill out the form below.
- Feel free to contact us by Email or call 813.209.1045
We have special requirements for different types of school groups.
- Minimum volunteer grade level is 5th grade
- Maximum of 16 students
- Food and clothing warehouses only
- One adult chaperone to every 4 children
- 2.5-hour shift maximum
- Maximum of 20 students
- One adult chaperone to every 6 children
- Must have enough adult chaperones to have a minimum of one adult in each volunteer section, i.e., breaking the group into 5 subgroups, regardless of size, requires 5 chaperones
- 3-hour shift maximum
- Assignments include kitchen, environmental, food and clothing warehouses and outreach
- Maximum of 30 students
- One chaperone per 8 students
- Students may be left without chaperones
- Assignments include kitchen, environmental, maintenance, food and clothing warehouses, childcare and outreach
What It Is
Metro Immersion is an impactful opportunity for organizations to engage with Metropolitan Ministries’ mission to serve those who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in an “up-close and personal” way.
Participants spend a day immersing themselves in the problems facing our community through educational activities and service assignments.
Fill out the form below. If you have additional questions please email email@example.com or call 813.209.1045