Voted Best Place to Volunteer
It's Official: We were voted Best Place to Volunteer by Creative Loafing Tampa readers!! Thank you to all who nominated and voted. You are HOPE!
During the holiday season our Volunteer Orientation is NOT required. We would love to have you serve with us and you can click any of the options below for opportunities to be HOPE.
High Impact Volunteers
What It Is
We don’t have the resources or the staff to do everything needed to help the poor and homeless. High Impact People (HIP) are volunteers who help us accomplish important tasks. We work hard to provide flexible hours and place you in a department that you’re excited about.
- You will need to be interviewed before you start working as a HIP.
- We will ask you to commit to a regular schedule.
- You will be able to work as little as 3 or more than 20 hours per week. It’s up to you.
- You will be asked for a 3-month commitment.
- Free Meals
- Free T-shirt
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you:
What It Is
Teens in the Tampa Bay area have the opportunity to serve as Metro Youth Volunteers (MyV) in the Summer Internship Program. This internship will allow you to gain valuable experience in the non-profit sector, while helping you to fulfill your Bright Futures volunteer hours.
- The program runs from June 1-August 15 each year.
- Must be a current high school student
- commitment to at least 20 hours a week
1. Fill out application below
2. Take orientation
3. You will be contacted for 2 rounds of interviews
Parent-Child Home Program
The Parent-Child Home Program is an evidence-based national program that trains Home Visitors to go once or twice a week into the homes of families with children 2 or 3 yrs. old. Each visit models positive interactions between the parent and the child. Once a week they take a book or a toy to give to the family and to model for the parent who to interact with their child. This goes on for two 23 week cycles. This calls for a commitment of 6 hours a week to work with two families. This is a great program for retirees.
Fill out the form below and we'll get in touch with you or you can contact Tammi McGinn at 813-209-1040