Proof that Tampa Bay is a strong, caring community
2020 was an incredible year at Metropolitan Ministries, thanks to you. Each one of these numbers is a person who needed help. One person who was scared, hungry, homeless, or hopeless…until YOU reached out and helped them. You make everything we do possible!
COVID-19 Emergency Response
- 58,938 emergency food boxes (1,157% increase)
- 2,861 families assisted $2.33 million paid directly to landlords/vendors (1,391% increase)
- 244,000 individuals assisted (all outreach and prevention programs)
- 2,736,539 meals served (43% increase)
- 135,380 nights of safe shelter for children and their parents
- 40,331 families received holiday assistance (57% increase)
- 22,403 in Hillsborough
- 8,413 in Pasco
- 8,406 in Pinellas
- 72,106 families helped through Family Support Center
- 20,409 emergency motel vouchers provided
- 235 adult residents employed
- 327 families benefited from residential housing and programs with 86.4% successful exits
- 1,651 children safe and secure in our programs and benefited from our services
- 364 community-based families strengthened and stabilized through First Hug, a home visitation case management program for at-risk families (a Children’s Board of Hillsborough County program).
- 93.1% of families maintained stable housing
- 98.4% of adults were employed and began earning an average wage of $12.01 at program completion
- 98.5% of families have not returned to homelessness
- $8.4 million in savings from donated goods and services.
- 13,892 volunteers gave 111,440 hours of time to help us do our work. This is a savings of $2.78 million. Amazing!