Hillsborough County, Fla.
We offer virtual classes ranging from infant care to handling children struggling with trauma. To qualify for free virtual classes, you must be a resident of Hillsborough County, Florida, and an expecting parent or a parent or caregiver of a child age 0-5.
Baby Safety Class
Keep yourself cool, calm, and confident. This safety class covers sudden infant death syndrome, safe sleep practices, shaken baby syndrome, self-care for parents, and choosing a safe caregiver.
Dealing with emotions is difficult for everyone. Children especially need help as they learn what emotions are and how to respond to them. Emotion Coaching helps children do better in school, make healthier relationships, and even get sick less often.
Circle of Security
This class is designed to enhance the bond and sense of security for both you and your child. Parents will receive a roadmap to understanding and meet the needs of their children. The class will meet for eight sessions.
Book a private class
To schedule a private class for your organization, email Melissa.Oliver@metromin.org or call (813) 816-5389.
Sign up for a virtual class
The Family Support Center’s free virtual parenting classes are available for Hillsborough County residents.
Subscribe now to our free monthly newsletter with the latest virtual class times and parenting information.
Child Developmental Screening
We offer free at-home developmental screening for children ages 0-5. If you would like your child to participate in this free assessment, please fill out the survey here. Or, if you would like to speak to a child advocate, email us at email@example.com.
ParentChild+ is a national early learning program for Hillsborough County children ages two to three years old. This program aids under-resourced parents or guardians of children by providing home visitors for help with developing their child’s reading and early learning skills—offering encouragement for parents and preparing children for school readiness and life success.
- Each family receives 92 home visits (twice a week) throughout the two years of the program.
- Trained community-based Early Literacy Specialists model reading, play, and conversation activities for parents and children together.
- Families receive at least 46 books and educational toys to build language and literacy-rich homes.
- Curriculum guides provide families with literacy, numeracy, and school readiness activities.
- Families are connected to other needed supports, including housing, medical, and educational services.
- Site staff works with families to ensure every graduate is linked to future educational services and is equipped for school success through school supplies & backpacks.
- Professional site coordinators provide insight for early literacy specialists and oversee support and referrals for families.
Visit www.parentchildplus.org for more information about ParentChild+ and its impact on school readiness.
If you would like to participate in any of our community-based program or if you would like to volunteer to reach out to families in your community, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These services are available thanks to a grant from the Children’s Board of Hillsborough County.