Proof that Tampa Bay is a strong, caring community
2021 was an incredible year at Metropolitan Ministries, thanks to you. Each one of these numbers is a person who needed help. One person who was scared, hungry, homeless, or hopeless…until YOU reached out and helped them. You make everything we do possible!
Inspire Hope Initiative
Inspire Hope Boxes By County
Total # Meals (36 per box)
- 4,062,622 meals served (48% increase)
- 56,944 nights of safe shelter for children and their parents
- 32,751 families received holiday assistance
- 18,611 in Hillsborough
- 7,495 in Pasco
- 5,983 in Pinellas
- 95,717 families helped through Family Support Centers (32% increase)
- 6,493 emergency motel vouchers provided (64% increase)
- 177 adult residents employed
- 336 families benefited from residential housing and programs with 86.7% successful exits
- 2,970 children safe and secure in our programs and benefited from our services (80% increase)
- 355 community-based families strengthened and stabilized through First Hug, a home visitation case management program for at-risk families (a Children’s Board of Hillsborough County program).
- 92% of families maintained stable housing
- 92.3% of adults gained employment
- 96.9% of families have not returned to homelessness
- $8.5 million in savings from donated goods and services.
- 15,658 volunteers gave 133,448 hours of time to help us do our work. This is a savings of $3.8 million. Amazing!