Our emergency food assistance program allows clients to shop in the Metro Market three times a year to meet their immediate needs (current proof of residency (utility bill, rent receipt or lease agreement) is required).
- Food is distributed according to household size
- Families or individuals living with someone else need a note from the person they live with stating they can safely cook at the verified address along with a copy of that person’s utility bill, lease agreement or rental receipt
We help determine which housing resources best meet a family’s need and offer services as available Through a required assessment. Applicants must visit one of our Family Support Centers to complete an assessment. Depending on volume this may take up to a few hours.
Uplift U® (52 Units)
A long-term residency program designed for families with children under 18 and single women.
Hope Hall (48 Units)
A short-term residency program designed for families with children under 18 and single women.
Pasco Residential Program (24 Units)
A replicate model of the Uplift U® program designed for families with children under 18 and single women.
First Hug Program
The First Hug program is specially designed for families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless with children birth through middle school.
- This is a community-based model that provides case-management services and weekly visits to Hillsborough County children and families at the location convenient to you.
- It recognizes the trauma experienced by homeless family members and provides key services that will help your family deal with the issues you have experienced.
- First Hug is a child-centered program ensuring that children are ready to learn and succeed and provides wrap-around preventative services to alleviate family stress.
- This program is funded through the Children’s Board of Hillsborough County.
- You will need all children’s names and dates of birth to fill as well as your contact information.
- You can fill out the First Hug form here
Family Support Center
The Family Support Center offers HOPE through community-based classes and workshops in addition to our daily services to alleviate suffering and provide dignity for homeless and at-risk families and seniors. Through our open community programming, we are providing a warm and inviting atmosphere to build personal and family skills to navigate the path to full self-sufficiency. The programs are made possible with generous support from the Children’s Board of Hillsborough County.
- Weekly and Monthly rotating programming
- Programs include SIDS/Safe Baby, Project HELP Legal Clinic, St. Joseph’s Mobile Medical, Financial Budgeting and MUCH more.
- Individual and group financial counseling with a focus on budgeting, maintaining a checking and savings account, and other fundamental principles of money management.
Prevention Special Assistance
Special financial assistance may be provided to individuals and families as a last resort. To determine the amount of assistance offered, a financial assessment is conducted for all members of the household. You can learn more about our Prevention programs here.
- To determine the amount of assistance offered, a financial assessment is conducted for all members of the household. You can learn more about our Prevention programs here.
- Funding for these services are on a first-come-first-serve basis and is limited on staff and funding availability. This is a one-time service.
- Pending an assessment at one of the Family Suppot Centers, we may assist with a portion of one bill or rent. The remaining balance must be paid first and there must be an attainable plan to cover the immediate next payment.
Our emergency hurricane relief services help families navigate the crisis following a storm.
- Basic relief supplies (non-perishable food boxes, bottled water, hygiene items, hot meals, batteries, etc.)
- Short-term needs (temporary shelter, motel vouchers, housing, resources, referrals, and information)
- Long-term needs (housing, help with information and resources, counseling and case management)
In partnership with local school districts, we offer GED classes so that our adult residents can finish high school. Culinary Arts Program: We teach students to prepare, cook and serve food in a personalized learning environment. Our culinary arts graduates are ready for jobs in the food industry.
Metro Brigaide: Mobile Outreach Services
Delivering services to single, seniors, or chronically homeless individuals who might otherwise not have access to them. Meeting the needs where they are and raising awareness about existing services in the community. Also offering help men and women with job searches, resume writing, interviewing skills and other employment counseling. Find us in your neighborhood or call (813) 209-1044.
Metro Brigaide: First Hug
First Hug uses trauma-informed evidence-based techniques to provide key services that help homeless families in crisis. First Hug stabilizes, decreases stress and assures children are safe, ready to learn and succeed. You can complete First Hug online referral form at www.metromin.org/firsthug
Here are some of the required documents. Please call ahead to inquire about the documents in your specific case.
Driver's License or Government Issued ID
Social Security Card
The original document
Proof of Address
Single piece of mail with your name and address.
Rental Agreement or Utility Bill
What is the best way to contact you to get more information?
You can fill out this Information Form here.
All contact requests will be returned within 48 hours over operational business days.
Does Metropolitan Ministries help with paying bills?
Metropolitan Ministries offers financial assistance on a case by case basis and is contingent on availability of funds. We do not pay bills, instead we partner with the family to find a solution to help reduce the cost of the bill in question.
Do I need to come in to receive help?
The best way to help those seeking assistance from us is in-person. The addresses for our Family Support Centers are:
Tampa: 2301 N. Tampa St. | Tampa, FL 33602
Holiday: 3214 US Highway 19 N. | Holiday, FL 34691
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm | Closed Saturday & Sunday