89% of the annual budget goes to programming
We take each gift we receive from donors, organizations, and the government seriously. We believe accountability comes with results.
But we’re not about to be conservative about our goals. Each spending decision is made with two things in mind:
- The greater well-being of children and families
- The biggest possible return
Sometimes seeking big returns means making a calculated risk. We’re ok with that as long as we know we’ve done the due diligence to ensure it’s a viable option.
2022 Annual Report
Our commitment to you, the donor
As a donor, you’ve committed to us. We’re going to do the same: put our money where our mouth is. When you give a gift to Metropolitan Ministries, you can count on three things every time.
When we started working, we thought it strange that non-profits weren’t entirely open with their donors about their financial position. We started asking questions and found out that a lot of the time, this is because it’s a lot of work.
We recently received GuideStar Platinum, the organization’s highest Seal of Transparency.
We commit to giving you access to anything you want to know about our financial position, the impact of gifts that you’ve given, and details even when the bad stuff happens. Honesty and transparency trump most things.
Metropolitan Ministries’ 4-star status is the highest national rating provided by Charity Navigator, which recognizes organizations that exceed industry standards as leaders in their field.
It’s not all about simply telling the truth. When someone entrusts us with their donation, we’re going to make sure it’s spent well. This can happen in many different ways. It may serve as a match to encourage others to give. It could go 100% to helping those in need in our community. It could also help us keep the lights on at Metropolitan Ministries.
The bottom line: Your dollars will be used in the most efficient and effective ways possible.
It isn’t enough to give to an organization and trust that the money is going to be well spent. We understand it. It’s important to hear directly about how your donation was used. We commit to reporting back to you regularly about the impact yours and others’ donations have in the community.
We’ll also do the basics
- Utilize your donation in the most effective manner
- Maintain full financial transparency
- Provide prompt answers to your inquiries
- Provide a prompt receipt of your contribution
The fine print — financials and more
Below you’ll find information about our financials, report backs about how we used donations in the last year, accreditations that show we’re qualified to provide services, and more.
- 2022 Audit Report
- 2020 Audit Report
- 2019 Audit Report
- You can also view a copy of our 990 on Guidestar and Charity Navigator.
- Volunteer board of directors
- Adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Annual audit by a qualified independent CPA firm: Rivero, Gordimer & Company, P.A.
- Ethical standards and principles are the foundation for maintaining public trust, and Metropolitan Ministries’ fundraisers are members of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and uphold the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
- In the last year, more than 13,892 volunteers gave 111,440 hours. This is a savings of $2.78 million. Amazing!
- Gifts-in-kind (goods and services) equate to a savings of $8.4 million a year.