Over 93% of families exposed to homelessness have suffered emotional and psychological trauma that has deeply impacted their ability to navigate the road to independence without help.
Experienced Counselors at our Resiliency Center help family members to overcome toxic stress through learning new skills, developing new supports, and ultimately developing a trusting relationship that helps them view themselves as confident and capable of thriving independently.
Our practice is grounded and certified in the Sanctuary Model of Organizational Trauma-Informed Care that seeks to:
- Realize the widespread impact of trauma and understand paths for recovery
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma in patients, families, and staff
- Integrate knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices
- Actively avoid re-traumatization
Who We Serve: Our services are offered to individuals and families in the community who may not have access to mental health services due to costs. Adults, children (ages 7 and up), and families are welcome.
*You do not have to be a Metropolitan Ministries client to receive services
ADA access is available, and counseling is offered in Spanish directly, and in other languages through a language line.
Services We Offer:
- Individual Counseling (adults & children over age 7)
- Trauma (EMDR)
- Family Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Substance abuse/recovery counseling
How to get help: To submit a request for yourself or someone else, click the link below to complete a brief form. A staff member will be in touch with you within 48 hours. You can also call us at (813) 209-1006
Our office hours are:
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm