Hosting a drive for food, diapers or other life essentials can make a big impact for families in need. And it’s a great way to build community through the shared joy of giving with your friends, your neighborhood, your workplace or your church.
Think of the simple things you need each day . . . a good meal, a toothbrush, diapers for your child. Every year, generous in-kind gifts from friends like you amount to nearly $5 million and help us fulfill our mission of serving the poor and homeless families in our community.
Did you know that 1 in 3 families in Florida struggles to buy diapers? Melanie was once one of those families — watch her story. Metropolitan Ministries goes through 16,000 diapers a month!
“Coordinating a collection drive for Metropolitan Ministries started out as a job for me. After one time it became a passion. I strive to create more enthusiasm every year and challenge others to make each drive more successful than the last. I have seen what just a little help and hope can do for a family or individual in need and it inspires me every day to do more for others.”
Ann Minick | Highwoods Properties
Types of Drives to Host
- Food — Boxes of Hope — nonperishable foods to feed a family of four for three days. Download the list here.
- Clothing Drive List — Clothes are our most needed item. Especially shoes and new underwear. Download the list here.
- Hygiene — Kits Full of Care — Sample and full-size personal-hygiene items. Download the list here.
- Baby Care Packages — Diapers, food, and other infant items. Download the list here.
- Summer Camp Drive List — We provide summer camp care to more than 250 children annually. Download the list here.
- Backpacks of Hope Drive — We provide backpacks, uniforms and school supplies to more than 3500 children annually. Download the list here.
How to Host a Drive
Choose the type of drive you want to do and start collecting! It’s that simple! We can schedule drives for a couple weeks or a couple months. We’ll even provide you with printable flyers for our most popular types of drives.
We can provide you with collection barrels or boxes to use during your collection. You can schedule a time to come pick them up or we can have them delivered!
Sign Up to Host a Drive
To find out more about hosting a drive, please email email@example.com or call 813-209-1034.