Metropolitan Ministries is offering select COVID-19 Financial Assistance on a daily first-come-first-served basis with rent, mortgage, and utilities while funding lasts. Not all inquiries will qualify, and all applications will require proof of financial hardship including documented loss of employment, furlough, reduction of hours, approved unemployment applications, and or required medical quarantine. Only one application per household (addresses will be verified). Each service county has unique application requirements for approval.
Click here for resources and information. Call (813) 209-1200 with questions or to get help completing the online application. Please note that each county has limited inquiries per day.
How We Help
We are working hard to serve every family in crisis. Our work isn’t done, but we invite you to see what we’ve been able to accomplish so far with the help of generous donors:
- 56,530 food boxes provided (each containing 36 meals).
- 735,000 grab-and-go meals served.
- Purchased $1,978,550 in food.
- $2,010,574 paid directly to landlords and utility companies to prevent homelessness.
- 2,173 families have received financial assistance.
We are here for you. The need for assistance is extremely high. Please try to remain patient and calm as we help you navigate this crisis. You are not alone. God bless you.
We are currently offering food boxes for families in need 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays at our Family Support Centers. Please note that clothing services are currently unavailable.
- Family Support Centers
- Tampa Campus: 2301 N. Tampa Street, Tampa, FL 33602
- West Pasco Campus: 3214 US HWY 19 N., Holiday, FL 34691
- Reminders: (1) Use self-check-in through the mobile app, My Mobile Check-In; (2) Bring a photo ID and lease or utility bill; (3) wear a mask and follow CDC guidelines.
- 25 Meal Locations (map)
- Locations are open with to-go style meals, and CDC precautions are in place.
We are temporarily not able to accept walk-ins for emergency shelter. However, if you need emergency shelter or have questions related to the process, email Intakedocs@metromin.org or call (813) 209-1222. You can begin the process by completing the online form here. Email required documents (view list) to Intakedocs@metromin.org. Please include your first and last name, date of birth, email address and phone number, and the best time to reach you. If you do not have internet access or need assistance with completing the application, leave your name, number and the best time to return your call and someone will reach out to you.
Pasco County residents can email Jodi.Casale@metromin.org or call (727) 756-1955 about emergency shelter.
Childcare & Education
The Tampa campus is home to the PromiseLand Early Childhood Education Center and CREATE program that offers children of all ages a safe place to learn and explore. Enrollment is free and open to the community.
First Hug uses trauma-informed techniques to provide services that help families in crisis with children age 0-middle school. First Hug stabilizes, decreases stress, and assures children are safe, ready to learn and succeed. Find out more about First Hug here. These services are provided thanks to a grant from the Children’s Board of Hillsborough County.
Apply here to receive help and case management through First Hug.
The Metro BrigAIDe mobile street team is still serving in the field with added precautions in Hillsborough & Pasco counties.
Here’s more information about how you can continue to support our efforts:
Donate Food & Supplies
Donation drive-through is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Saturday in Tampa, and 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday in Holiday, Fla.
- Tampa Campus: 2101 N. Florida Ave., Tampa, FL 33602 (behind Thrift Store)
- Holiday (Pasco) Campus: 3214 US HWY 19 N, Holiday, FL 34691
For information on conducting a drive, bulk, or large donations, call (813) 209-1034.
Most Needed Items: Cereal, canned meats, canned fruit, canned vegetables, beans, and peanut butter.
Other Needs: Diapers, baby formula, baby food, temporal thermometers, infrared forehead thermometer, and hygiene items.
We are practicing social distancing and groups will be limited to 10 individuals or less per area. All volunteers must preregister.
- To volunteer in the food warehouse, sign up here.
- To volunteer in outreach services and environmental (janitorial), sign up here.
- Donate to our Emergency Impact Fund here.
- Share our Facebook fundraiser.
- Support our GoFundMe Charity fundraiser.